Putting together a well rounded board of directors.We receive questions like this from across the country, and sometimes across the world, with very similar challenges - so don’t feel that you’re alone. Creating engagement with many stakeholders can feel like an impossible task. You not only have a board, but you have clients (or patients), staff and/or volunteers, the general public, funders, and other non-profit organizations or departments you work with. But when you realize that creating engagement with your board can lead to engagement with all of those other stakeholders, that’s when the … [Read More...]
What the EMS Leadership Academy Can Do
- Leadership is more than a position or a title – It’s a desire to bring out the best in others. Our foundational training programs will enhance participant's capacity to be an effective leader in the world of Emergency Services Organizations and beyond. You will learn how to influence others without manipulation or coercion, bring out the Best in others, and begin to create a vision others want to follow.
- Cause positive sustainable change
- Create an exciting environment that thrives
- Enhance your leadership skills and develop leadership in others
- Have conversations without conflict Advanced strategies for designing a sustainable organization by bringing a vision into reality, holding others accountable and not doing it all yourself will solidify the successful future of your organization. Learn more about our courses.
"That's never going to work","We've tried that before","The problem is..."Does this sound familiar? Do your good ideas get shot down before you or others have a chance to finish a sentence? It only takes a few times before people start feeling unappreciated and develop an attitude of "Why bother?".Research has shown people and organizations have a natural tendency towards negative bias, the idea that a $20 loss will have a bigger effect than a $20 gain. Negative feedback (or perceived negative comments) typically stimulates the body's sympathetic nervous system, the Fight or … [Read More...]
"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell When's the last time you felt truly alive or were in the present moment experiencing life vs. hurrying, frantically trying to get it all done?Most professionals today struggle to stay ahead of the game and are sacrificing the things that are most important to them in order to stay afloat. Especially in emergency services, we're used to operating in emergency mode. The good news is: our lives don't have to operate in the same emergency mode. 99% … [Read More...]
All too often self-care is the first thing to go when we are under stress. It can feel frivolous or like a luxury when there are so many things demanding our attention.We implore you to reconsider that thinking.The MOST IMPORTANT element for peak performance to occur is physical and mental well-being. Study after study has shown this to be true. The basics of adequate nutrition, exercise and sleep must be in place in order for human beings to function at their best and be optimally productive.What are you doing to take care of yourself? Do you have a structure in place for … [Read More...]
We are featuring a TED talk from Amy Cuddy, a Harvard Business School researcher, who tells us proven methods to increase our confidence and power with simple little tips about adjusting our body language. These simple tips also come with a great story! We frequently talk about how communication impacts our interactions with the people around us. From the patients you treat, to the staff you interact with, to the elected officials who could be making a decision about your organization's next budget, we all have an impact. Imagine, that even the communication we have with OURSELVES can have … [Read More...]