Do you want engaged, enthusiastic people in your organization?
Changing your approach on just a few things can make a huge difference:
- Consider the possibility that you have something to do with how engaged or disengaged your people are.
- Ask yourself, when’s the last time you asked your employees or members for their input or feedback on your leadership ability? If you are like most leaders, it’s been awhile. If you want to have an engaged team, giving their best, you have to get interested in developing yourself too. So make it a point to ask your people and get interested in their perspective on your abilities as a leader.
- Have conversations with them about the future they see for themselves both personally and within the organization. Then make it your business to help them grow into their vision of themselves.
It’s amazing the power of shifting from trying to find the “right” people to developing yourself and those around you.
This is why we created Keeping the Best: How to Develop People and Improve Your EMS Organization to help EMS Leaders just like you to stop the revolving door of recruitment and retention. By learning how to develop your people through coaching and mentoring you can create a thriving organization where people want to stay!!
Additionally, expanding your capacity as a leader expands the capacity of those around you. You’ll experience less stress and overwhelm because you will have reliable leaders around you that you can count on.
Imagine not having to do everything yourself!!
- EMS Inclusive Language Guidelines for Press & Government - April 1, 2020
- Letter to NYS Governor – COVID-19 Recommendations - March 31, 2020
- All About FirstNet for EMS – An Interview with the Expert - February 9, 2020